Friday 24 August 2012

Spotted: Essence Color Arts LE

Hey everyone!
Guess what I found at the drugstore? Essence's Color Arts LE!
This LE contains 20 loose eyeshadows, different mixing bases and mixing tools. Here *click* you can see all of the products.
All of these products will be part of the new Essence permanent line that'll be available this fall. The Essence Color Arts line combines pigments and products to use and mix these.
Now, the loose eyeshadows: look at all those colors! They really are all bright, super colorful. That's of course cool, just not exactly when you're looking for something to wear on your eyes every day :D But they do look great, and I'm sure there'll be lots of possibilities to mix these.
For now, I picked 2 shades. The first one is 04 Broadway Starlet, which is pure glitter. The glitter is silver and blue, and it's very chunky. When you try to swatch it, it falls everywhere. I'd never use this one on my eyes, it would be all over the place and cause fall-out and eye irritations. Might be good for mixing, though!
The other color I got is 11 cotton candy. It's a light silvery shimmer baby pink, and I thought I might even wear this as an actual eyeshadow. It's again loose, but the texture is way softer than Broadway Starlet. It's easy to swatch and feels good.
The mixing bases are a nail polish base, a lip base and an eyeshadow base, all meant to be mixed with the pigments for a bigger variety in usage. For now I bought - of course - the nail polish base. It looks just like clear nail polish, and I can't wait to try it with Broadway Starlet!
The mixing tools are first of all a little applicator to mix the products, but I didn't think it was necessary to have. The other thing is little round mixing jars, and those are a great idea! They're about 3,5 cm wide and you have to unscrew the lids. They're clear, and I think they'd be perfect for any kind of storage, not only mixing pigments! Maybe little nail rhinestones or something like that, but definitely good to have :)
For now I think I have a good selection of products to try out, and I'm sure that'll be fun! You don't need to hurry to get these, they'll be permanent soon.
What do you think of the Color Arts line?
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I like this LE, it is very original! Can't wait to see your nail creations :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.