Friday 18 May 2012

Spotted: Catrice Cruise Couture LE

Hey everyone!
Today it's time to talk about another permanent LE, Cruise Couture by Catrice. It's a nautical-themed LE that was launched around the beginning of May.
This LE contains 1 eyeshadow palette, 1 gel eyeliner, 1 mascara, 2 lipglosses, 2 lipsticks, 1 blush, 5 nail polishes and 1 beauty bag. Here *click* you can see the promo pics.
The eyeshadow palette contains 5 colors, and the pigmentation seemed to be okay. My problem is the colors: it's a little too colorful for my liking! When exactly do I get the chance to wear blue and pink eyeshadow? Sure, they're pretty, but I rather spend my money on things I use more often.
The gel eyeliner has a super pretty dark blue shimmer shade, but I already know that I wouldn't wear it often enough, so I left it at the store.
The mascara didn't seem interesting to me, I think there are enough permanent mascaras available that could also be great.
The lipglosses are nice colors for summer, but one of them is already permanent and the other one wasn't as much of my color. Nothing I need to own.
The lipsticks are both pink colors, and they're both part of Catrice's core line. That's why I didn't pay as much attention to them, I can also get them at any other time.
The blush is the next this that is already permanent. The peach shade is super pretty, but I own prettier blushes. Could get that any other time as well.
The nail polishes are all pretty shades, and I like the bottle print. The thing is just that there isn't really anything unique to them. I seriously didn't see a polish that would have been totally new to my collection. Got none of them, and that doesn't happen often!
Last but not least, the beauty bag. It's cute, but I have enough beauty bags.

So, guys, nothing for me here. I normally love the nautical theme, I'm a big fan of that, but I was a little annoyed by the fact that they just put in so many permanent products, and none of the colors was right for me. Money saved that I'll spend on something else!
What do you think of this LE?
xoxo, Misch

10 comments:

  1. How is it permanent but limited edition? :/

    The polishes look really nice. I like the bag too but I'd never use it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just put some products in this LE that are also part of the permanent line. So they'll be gone when the LE sells out, but they'll still be among the regular stuff.

      They're just a little not unique enough for me, and I definitely agree with the thing about the bag!

      Delete
  2. I also don't understand why they couldn't make new colors but just took the one from permanent line.
    I set my eyes on the gel liner and dark blue polish, now I just have to find some swatches online and than I will decide if I really need them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so annoying!
      Do that, I'm sorry I don't have any, but I'm sure plenty of other bloggers have some swatches up :)

      Delete
  3. I just saw swatches and I thought that the dark blue polish is jelly (I love jellies but still don't own any) but it turns out it's just plain blue so I won't be buying it, but eye liner is magnificent. I love it because it is not black but again not obvious blue (perfect for everyday and for college), non shimmery, I'm definitely buying this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like the eyeliner when you get it :)

      Delete
  4. What I like the most is the gel liner. But I agree with you, it is so difficult to finish it before it gets dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I already had so many gel eyeliners that dried out, and I hate that!

      Delete
  5. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.