Thursday 19 April 2012

Spotted: Essence Rebels LE

Hey everyone,
today I want to talk about Essence's new LE, called Rebels. I already showed you the blush here *click*, and now I also saw the rest of this LE :)
The Rebels LE contains 1 duo mascara, 2 soft matte lipglosses, 4 nail polishes, 1 nail polish topper and 1 lip & cheek pot. Here *click* you can find all of the products on Pinkmelon.de.
The mascara is a double-ended one, but I don't know whether I would have bought it, since it was already gone at my drugstore.
The soft matte lipglosses are actually a cool idea, but both colors looked a little, dunno, dull and gray-toned to me...no colors I would get.
The nail polishes are 2 nudes and 2 brights, and they have a so-called Latex finish, which is just like a satin. I bought one of the polishes, called 04 Rebelizer. It's a bright shrek-like green with a slight shimmer. I just wanted to try it out, the color's really crazy! Surely not suitable for everyone ;) Btw, the bottles look exactly like the ones from last year's You Rock! LE, but the brush on these ones here is better. I used three thin coats for the swatches on the nail wheel, in the first picture you can see it right after I applied it, still shiny. And the second picture shows it a few minutes later, gone satin.
still shiny right after application
gone satin/"latex"
The nail polish topper, called Rock Coat  01 Punk Royal, looks really boring in the bottle, just like some dark gray/black polish. But when you open it you can tell that it's a very sheer gray-tinted base with big black hex glitter! Yes, black glitter! How awesome is that? :D I had to get it ;) But unfortunately the glitter is so big, and the polish so thick, that it's had to apply, I was kind of just pushing around the particles. I'll see how it'll be on my nails :) The swatch is 2 coats.
Last but not least, the lip and cheek pot. I already bought it, love it so far, review will follow. The link to my swatches is here: *click*.
What do you think of this LE? I do like it, but I gotta try the stuff I got first ;)
xoxo, Misch

10 comments:

  1. The green polish reminds me of some China Glaze from a recent collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? I don't know it, but maybe I'm missing out?! Let me know if you know which polish it is!

      Delete
  2. I was going to say the green polish look a lot like Acid/dc from a recent collection by catrice. It's a lovely polish and the topper is pretty cool! Shame about the formula but at least it's workable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it really does! I compared them at the store and they look almost identical. but I think the catrice one has a shiny finish.

      Delete
  3. The glitter is too big for me. What I like the most is the lip & cheeks pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is quite large!
      Haha, me too :D

      Delete
  4. I have the same opinion about dull colors of the matte lip glosses so I also didn't get anything but the top coat looks interesting and I love the idea that you are able to transform every color into something more edgy and fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought with the glitter polish :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.