Monday 13 February 2012

NOTD February 13th: Catrice - Genius In A Bottle

Hey there!
Yesterday I posted about Catrice's new permanent line and the nail polish I bought from them. It's called Genius In A Bottle.
The color of Genius In A Bottle is a multi-chrome. It goes from gold over to copper to green to blue, at least that's what it looks like in the bottle. When you apply it, the blue part of the multi-chrome fades, and it looks green-gold most of the time. It doesn't change that much, either, you can only see slight color shifts when it's on the nail.
Application was fine, I had to do 3 coats because after 2 it was still a bit patchy. But it was really okay, I had no application issues. The only thing is that you have visible brush strokes. It's not a frost or something, but you can still see the strokes...guess that's normal with these kinds of colors.
The color really reminds me a lot of Chanel Peridot, and according to other blogs they are dupes. I can't compare them myself, but just google it and you'll find a lot of pictures :)
After all, I do think I like this polish. In the bottle and everything it's gorgeous, but I'm not sure about it on my nails. It gives me a little red hands, I think. But it's still pretty :)
What do you think of it?
xoxo, Misch

12 comments:

  1. Boah, den hast du aber echt toll aufgetragen!!! Bei mir sah er nicht so gleichmäßig aus... Ich finde den Effekt auch ein wenig enttäuschend, aber kennt man ja von solchen multichrom-Nuancen. Aber ich finde dass das grün sehr schön rauskommt, wenn man die Nägel kippt, also schräg auf sie schaut^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got myself the Douglas dupe and it's very pretty and needs only two coats. It is more coppery than the more gold Péridot.
    Enjoy it!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the Douglas one, too, but I guess I don't need it anymore now :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I think it will look great in my bronzed hands ins summer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely like the name and that this is a cheaper version of Chanel but this color shifting from gold to green is not my cup of tea so I'm going to pass this one but I like to watch pictures of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. neat-o!

    Come check out my blog and follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely close to Peridot -- and basically just gorgeous on its own so whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.