Sunday 25 September 2011

NOTD September 25th: Essence - It's Khaki Time! + Sun Flower Nail Art

Hi everyone!
Today I want to show you a new polish in the Essence permanent line, 69 It's Khaki Time. It's a khaki -surprise, surprise ;)-, and pretty green toned. It falls into the military category, and is a creme.
Military is another fall trend this year. Last year the khaki shades were already all over the clothes stores, and I tried it on a few times, but decided it's just not my color. But since it is all over the shelves this year again, I decided to give one little polish a try, and picked this one. I do like it, but it's just not my kind of color. I like clean shades, I like dusty shades, but not this type of green. Green tends to be my least-liked color for polish sometimes, I prefer the blue-toned greens.
But still, I really like a change like I have it with this polish. It's out of my comfort zone, it's not too usual, and it works for fall. So it probably won't be my fave shade ever, but it's nice.
The formula was good, it's almost a one-coater! I did 2 thin ones, though. It applied smooth and evenly, the consistency is not too thick or too thin. A big plus!
To spice it up a little, I added sun flowers to it. Sun flowers are some of my favorite flowers! They're available end of summer, beginning of fall, and the color is so happy :) I just drew them on, variating the position.
The yellow is L.A. Colors Nail Art Deco in Tangerine, and the brown is Essie Little Brown Dress. The coppery orange glitter is L.A. Colors Nail Art Deco in Copper Glitter. I added this because I wanted a fun twist :)
Do you like khaki? And do you like sun flowers? :D
Until next time!
xoxo, Misch

7 comments:

  1. I like the color and the manicure with the sunflowers!!

    Good mix!!

    http://todoslosesmaltessonpocos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same, khaki is not one of my favourite colours, but I find it nice for nails from time to time. I bought one in H&M before the summer and I am keeping it for Autumn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @la loca de los esmaltes: thank you so much :)

    @Salander: i hope I'll be able to see itnon your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.