Friday 22 July 2011

Blogging-Techniques: Layout

Hey guys!
For this episode of Blogging-Techniques I'll be telling you what is important about the layout and stuff of a blog.
When you are picking out you layout, there are always a few things to keep in mind. Here they are:

  • don't make font too small or big: it should be easy to read
  • don't make the background too distracting: you want people to look at your post, not the background
  • don't use a font color and a background color that are too similar: it's supposed to be easy to read, remember?
  • make sure it's all comfortable for the eye: for example a black background and white letters can make the eyes hurt easily
  • give enough space to everything that is on your page, you don't want it to be crowded
  • make it easy to find something, not too confusing
The best thing is to think about what your reader would like and what not. That's the easiest way! After all, you want your blog to be visually attracting so the reader comes back, right?!
You can always add extensions and stuff to your sidebar, and they can make your blog a lot more personal and also make the layout prettier. For example a search tab, a poll or a "About Me" section can be really interesting and is easy to add. Just go to your layout section on Blogger and add it :)
For my background, I like to use really cute designs, and on http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ you can find really pretty ones for free. I like them a lot!
To me, my banner is another essential part of my layout. Here *click* I showed you in a tutorial how to do it.

After all, what I can mainly tell you is that it's best when you experiment with it. Try out different things, find your style with it, and have fun!
I also like to change my layout every now and then.

I hope you found this helpful!
Until next time,
xoxo, Misch

2 comments:

  1. Good post! :-) Maybe another topic for blogging techniques can be comments moderation, what do you think about it? why do you approve comments before they are published? any bad experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Salander: thanks :)
    That's a great idea, I'll try to do it as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.