Tuesday 14 June 2011

Picture Tutorial: Gold Fish Nail Art

Hey there!
I got a request to show you how I did the Gold Fish Nails I showed you here *click*. So I pulled out a nail wheel and the colors I used, and did a picture tutorial :) I hope you'll find this helpful!
This is what you need:

  • a lot of different nail polishes (like green, red, orange, black, white, turquoise, light & dark blue, etc.)
  • some tools: a toothpick and a dotting tool
Here you go:
1. Use a base coat, only on your nail wheel you don't need one.
2. Paint your nails with a light shimmery turquoise color, I used Astor's Fash'n Studio nail polish in 66. This doesn't have to be fully opaque since it stands for the water. It's never even, so your polish doesn't have to, either ;)
3. Then I added a light shimmer blue polish over it, the number 205 from Colors For You. I just did it for the effect and the shimmer, so this definitely optional.
4. Then next you want to draw the algae to the bottom. I used OPI Jade Is The New Black for this, and as a tool the Essence Nail Art Stylist. It's actually a dotting tool, but for this job it works fine, too. You just want to draw some algae all around, and just place it randomly. It never grows the same, so you can alternate it on your nails :D
5. Now it's time to draw the actual gold fish. I used Life Preserver from China Glaze for that and, again, the Essence Nail Art Stylist. For the fish's head you want to draw an elongated circle, and then add something like a triangle for the tail fin. I also added a tiny thingie for the dorsal fin, just some random shape ;) Do as many fish as you like, I did 2.
6. Next I applied some white to the fish's belly. I used Essence's Stampy Polish in white for that, and a toothpick. 
7. For the fish's eye I used a toothpick and Eternal by p2.
8. Then I wanted to add some more dimension to the fish, so I used Hey Sailor by China Glaze and a toothpick. I just added some stripes and dots and random shapes to the tail fin and the dorsal fin. That's of course optional!
9. Now I wanted to add some bubbles to the water. First I used China Glaze's First Mate and the Essence Nail Stylist as a dotting tool. 
10. And then I did the same thing as in number 9 with For Audrey from China Glaze. 
11. Seal your design with a topcoat of your choice. I didn't use one on the nail wheel, though.
And that's it :) If you like this type of tutorial, I'll do more of them in the future :)
I'll see you soon!
xoxo, Misch

4 comments:

  1. Hey! You did it! Thanks so much!
    You are an artist, not sure if I could do it. Next time I travel to Germany you will do my mani, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Salander: sure I did it, I promised :)
    thanks :) haha ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.