Sunday 24 October 2010

Halloween Tutorials: Pin Up Look + Use It Up! Product 7 & 8

Hi there,
today I have something a little more simple for Halloween: a really basic Pin Up Look.
For this look there are 2 important things: the dramatic black eyeliner with a wing and the bright red lips.

Eyes:
You can use whatever you want, a gel liner, liquid liner or a pencil liner. I first used a very sharp pencil liner and lined my eye without doing the wing. The line should be pretty think and defined. Then you want to start to draw on you wing. Draw it piece-by-piece and take your time with it. Try to find a look that works for your eyeshape. Make sure both eyes are even. If it didn't work, just remove it and start again.
Now you want to take an angled brush and a matte black eyeshadow and go over the eyeliner. This will make it even darker and it'll make it last longer.
To really get the defined look, take an eyeshadow in the color of your skintone and pick it up with the angled brush (if you're using the same brush as before, clean it on the back of you hand first!). Now go around the eyeliner and the wing you created. That will make the liner look even harsher and more defined.

Lips:
The lips are supposed to be bright red. I don't have a bright red lipstick, so I used a trick to get the bright red lips. But let's start with lining your lips with a natural skintoned lipliner. This will create the base for the color.
Now, go ahead and use yo0ur red lipstick, but if you don't have one, do this trick: Use a red eyeshadow and vaseline! I'm sure some of you own the 120 palette or one of the colorful Coastal Scents 88 palettes, and these contain red eyeshadows. So what you want to do is pick up some of the eyeshadow with a brush or a sponge-tip applicator, and get it onto the back of your hand. The take some vaseline and mix it with the red eyeshadow. Apply the mixed product onto you lips with your fingers or a lip brush. This trick works for any color, so if you are going for a specific lip color, just use an eyeshadow! And vaseline will also care your lips.
Now take your concealer and an angled or tapered brush. Pick some of the concealer up and go around the contour of your lips. This will define them really sharply.

Use It Up!:
I finally used up some more products! A topcoat by RdL, which I had for a while now and it got kinda thick...got it empty!
And then a lipbalm on velvet rose by Labello. This isn't my favorite lipbalm ever, but I still had it laying around here, so I used it up!

I hope you liked this tutorial!
I'll see you later!
xoxo, Misch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I am very happy about every single one. Please respect that I will not allow disrespectful or rude contents.